Women are always looking for the ways that they can attract a man. Ways that they can change to make themselves more appealing. The truth of the matter is that most men aren’t looking for a woman that will change for them, and those that are, aren’t worth your time. Seriously, stay away. Here is a small list of what men look for when they are looking for someone to share their life with.
- Sense of Self. Men are looking for someone that is sure of themselves. That is comfortable in her own skin. Not all men are looking to rescue someone, in fact lots of men find it really sexy if the woman is able to take care of themselves.
- Sense of humour. I don’t think this is a trait that only men are looking for. It’s often a top trait that women state as well. Someone that is able to laugh, and laugh at themselves is extremely attractive. Not only that, laughing with someone actually helps to strengthen the bond between you. Want to know the secret to a long happy relationship? Check to see if the couple in question still laughs with each other. The answer will almost always be yes.
- Brains. Now, no one is going to be asking you what your IQ is, but the days of playing dumb are over. At least they should be. Most men want someone that they can have a conversation with, and you can’t have a conversation with someone that isn’t informed on the topic.
- Well rounded. Know a little about a lot of things. There are a lot of things to talk about now days. Ge knowledgeable.
- Become an expert. Not everyone wants to learn about everything, and while being well rounded is attractive to some men, the other side of that coin is being super knowledgeable about one thing. In the land where geeks rule, girls into computers, comics, games, movies, or T.V. are in high demand. Pop culture rules, and if you have knowledge of weird facts, then you’re likely to start up a conversation with the cute, quiet, awkward guy in the corner.
- Unpredictability. Mystery is always sexy. No matter what sex you are looking for. Men, like women, like to be kept on their toes. Keeping things fresh and new is always sexy, as long as it’s not being taken to the extreme. Waking someone up in the middle of the night for a little bit of fun, or to go watch the thunder storm, can be awesome. It’s not awesome to wake someone up every single night to do something random and dangerous.
- A listener. Men like to talk as much as women, despite what we have been told. Even if it’s not as frequent. The thing that is most important, is the listening part. They want to know that when they open up and share their feelings that you are listening to them. If the person you’re with starts talking then you need to be listening to what he has to say. It will help you to better understand where he is coming from, and it will make him feel more loved.
- Ambitious. Men like to know that a women knows what she wants, and how to get it. They like to know that they can focus on their own career, and that they can support their partner in hers. Plus that go and get it attitude usually carries into the rest of life. For men that are goal orientated, this can be extremely sexy. If you have someone that is looking for certain things in their life, and they find someone else who is just as committed to getting to those marks, then it’s a good pair. Now sometimes ambition can actually cause a bit of a problem, if it’s more important to you than the person you’re with. That’s why it’s best to find someone that is as committed as you are.
- Loving. Men, just like women, are looking for someone with a large heart. They are looking for someone that cares for other people, that is kind, and generous. Someone that is able to take care of them when they need it. This doesn’t mean that you have to think only of other people, only that it’s best to think occasionally of other people. Acts of kindness can be extremely attractive to some people. Plus it shows that you’re able to be vulnerable.
This list is far from complete. It’s also extremely variable. And what is your #10 ? Share your thoughts in the comments below.